MAF TBI

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Sun Mar 30 09:21:28 GMT 1997

Dear George

Not to take the wind outa ur sails but TBI metering is not terribly
accurate. I suppose you could use the TPI ecm, reset the mode
to aynchronous and change the injector constant. Prob quite a few other
things to make it go. But why. If you did this you would be
able to completely reprogram your tbi.

Airsensors I believe who are now outa business once offered such a
system. It was supposed to have worked okay.

To be honest when I ran the TBI on my truck I had more off idle
torque than the TPI right now. TPI comes on about 2000 rpm and is
better there.

And remember these systems have a self tuning factor of about 20% or so.
So oem even Map are relatively adaptable. Summit now sells a adjustable
regulator for TBI which would help more.
Also in the GM parts basket is a adapter which was used on 454 SS trucks
about 90 or so which takes the weird tbi bolt pattern to a slightly less
weird guadrajet/thermoguad bolt pattern.

Ps has anyone checked out the ECM holley advertises for their DFI series.

GL George: peter who really doesn't know that much:
and is quite bogged down with DSP course