an alfa with efi?

Jeremy Pronk jpronk at st.nepean.uws.edu.au
Mon Mar 31 13:10:17 GMT 1997

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Chris Howard wrote:

> At 06:04 PM 3/29/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >Oh yes. Another thing. Did anybody tried to convert a a dual webered
> >Alfa-Romeo boxer (flat four) to EFI? LandShark? How the Porsche boxers
> >responded to the fuel injecting?
>
> Probably the easiest way to do it would be to get a 1.7 alfa 33 efi system
> and transplant it,

My alfa did have the haltech E6 system installed in it. I was using 45mm
port style injection throttle bodies which went in place of the carbies.
I am told it is not possible (well not without a resonable amount of
effort) to use efi manifold from the efi 33's on my car (which is an '83
alfasud, 1.5ltr boxer with twin webers). Apparently they made some changes
to the block on those later models?

Tell me how it goes if you plan on going ahead.

Jeremy.