DMM and O2 sensor

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 31 13:41:38 GMT 1997

I've never heard of this .... is this true for all controllers,
or for certain ones?  The concept is reasonable to me, but certainly
not necessary that it always be done that way (i.e. sense for an
open EGO).  I would think a constant current could also be used.
In fact, it is my understanding that a constant current fed through
the EGO can help derive data that allows compensating the EGO
output for differences in temperature so that A:F readings can
be more accurately made off-stoich.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>