That gol durned fuel injection

Aron Travis atravis at spacey.net
Thu May 1 18:26:45 GMT 1997

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:
> Howdy Duane,
>
> This list is a strong list when it comes to opinions and views, and my
> personal take on the "two tooth goober" comments were nothing other than an
> attempt at humor.  I reponded with requiring a "4-tooth minimum goober"
> merely out of humor, my intention was to ::imply:: that I don't let anyone
> work on my cars, but look for reputable places that have a proven track
> record.

Does 'proven track record' mean a full set of teeth?
(This is a joke, here comes another one)
Now I'm confused, I've been setting up a FE tri-power, how many teeth
do I need to remove?
(That was a joke too, here comes another one)
If I want to properly tune my EFI, Do I need to get extra teeth?

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"

P.S. I'm the guy that origionally started this thread, I'll stop......
...maybe ;o)
In all seriousness- what I was trying to convey in my
origional post was(partly), that it gets me really peeved when people
get stuck on concept that 'fast cars' are old, have carbs, and minimal
electronics, and therefore, modern cars are slow and overly complex,EFI
adding to the complexity. The author in the the 'Automobile' article
was amazed that modern four cylinder EFI cars could be fast, then implyed
that to be fast you needed a carb and a V-8. I found problem with those
ideas.(He also didn't seem to know that torque is a mathematical function
of horsepower, but I won't go there.)
In my opinion, what people see as 'that mess of wires' under the hood is
 mostly all the excessive options that they ordered with their car. EFI
works better than carbs, & in my opinion is more tunable too. You can't
get the efficiency of EFI with a carb (I mean !POWER! with MPG and
emissions too).
Sure a V-8 muscle car is fast (I have a few), but a Honda can be too.
AT