That gol durned fuel injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu May 1 19:27:28 GMT 1997

Aaron,

Cute, real cute :).  I could relate to your set of goober jokes only
because I lived in Upstate NY for 6 years, and quite a few of the
independant mechanics, while skilled and good at what they did, certainly
fit your goober stereotype.

> was amazed that modern four cylinder EFI cars could be fast, then implyed
> that to be fast you needed a carb and a V-8. I found problem with those
> ideas.(He also didn't seem to know that torque is a mathematical function
> of horsepower, but I won't go there.)

I have issues with the same concepts... newer technology ::in general:: is
better than the old stuff for a variety of reasons.  I happen to like the
dual carb setup for power, but my ignorance in FI (and lack of funds <G>)
keep me in the dual-carb arena.  This project I'm working on now will be a
new start for me, for I have decided for emmissions reasons to utilize FI,
and hopefully, as my knowledge base grows (and *I* get more teeth <G>) I'll
have a mean, reliable setup.

I just have to learn enough to build a 1200hp twin-turbo emmissions legal
system <g>.

Cheers,

Fred