2 stroke Water injection

Jeffrey Engel jengel at FastLane.NET
Sun May 4 19:36:52 GMT 1997

Er, um I may have stepped it in a little.  Another poster informed me
that the CO2 cartidges didn't provide enough volume of gas to be
useful.  Possibly enough for an mx race, though.

My interest is in turbo auto applications.  Since suitable water
pressure pumps seem to be hard to get, I'm thinking about using
pressure to force the water through a fuel injector.  CO2 has the
nice property of staying liquid at about 60 psi, so you can store a
lot in a small space.

> Date:          Fri, 02 May 1997 08:11:17 -0400
> From:          Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com>
> Subject:       RE: 2 stroke Water injection
> To:            "'diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu'" <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>

> JE,
>
> If its a refillable tank, such as the 5oz, 7oz, 11oz or 20oz. I have loads
> of these tanks in both steel and aluminum for my paintball equipment, but
> I'm sure with a little retrofitting, they could provide high pressure water
> storage.  I'm thinking that 20oz is probably not enough water for a good
> 400 mile ride, and of course, 1000psi capability is unnecessary.  I still
> think a medium water-based fire extinguisher with an electric valve would
> be the idea way to go.  Use a small nitrous injecter (I know we are still
> discussing corrosion issues) and time it to pulse into the air stream after
> the turbo/supercharger ever time a Fuel injector fires, at a much shorter
> duration.
>
> This is gonna be a good project :)
>
> Fred

> > What about using a BB gun CO2 canister for pressure?

je
jengel at fastlane.net

     "I can resist anything but temptation"
                                  Mark Twain