Air Flow Meter

Paul Wood paulgw at paulwood.compulink.co.uk
Sun May 4 19:41:51 GMT 1997

Question to the expert's

I'm installing a Rover 3.9 injection engine into a vehicle I race
off road, I need to relocate the air flow meter my question is

Does it matter how far it is from the throttle body, the Std
system has it on the end of a bit of flexi pipe approx 200mm long,
this is not quite long enough for me to mount it easily, I've
either got to get it much closer (30-40mm) or a little further
(maybe 300mm which would suit the installation better)

It would also be better (from an installation point) if I use a 90
degree elbow between it and the throttle body, Will this matter?

Paul
(http://www.cix.co.uk/~paulwood/)