acceleration measure

Jari Porhio eppu at cc.tut.fi
Sun May 4 21:00:46 GMT 1997

> 	Since many of you seem to be barking up this same tree, you might
> want to check out something just released by a guy named Mike Chaney of
>
> http://www.charm.net/~mchaney/homedyno/dynokit.htm

 Here's an another road dyno system for you, who have access to Amiga
computers. We have been using this system for two years and it works
(some 30 vehicles tested, several hundreds of runs). See my friend's
home page at:

http://proffa.cc.tut.fi/~k124775/

and my test archive:

http://www.iki.fi/eppu/dev/revtest/

 Finding a level road is a problem, but not too difficult one. And in
any case you'll have to make at least two to four runs with the same
setup to get rid of most incidential errors.

 I have a slightly different system for Unix machines. This can't
calculate engine torque yet, but it can be useful for seeing how your
ignition system works. See:

http://www.iki.fi/eppu/bin/rev.html

> So, Mike, does this get me a free copy of the SW?  ;)

 Oh, these are free of course. :)

 BTW if the author of the Home Dyno is interested in comparing the
results of there programs to each other, contact me.