eec-iv programming

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Mon May 5 23:33:34 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Jan Edwards <jedwards at algonet.se>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: eec-iv programming
> Date: Monday, May 05, 1997 12:17 PM
>

> Hi folks!
>
> Does anybody know if its possible to change program in EEC-IV boxes?
>
> If how to do?
>
> I going to turbocharge my 1990 Ford Aerostar 4 litre V6 engine but dont
> know how to give it more fuel when i have overpressure in the manifold,
> maybe leave the original computer like it is and apply an additional
> injection (Haltec) or what to do???

	As always, there are several ways to do everything. I think for your
application and depending upon your need for protection I think a Greddy or
Haltech "extra injector" system would be the best since I don't think this
engine is going to be used to rev high. This system isn't the most elegant
but I think that it will allow you to adjust the fuel level in accordance
with boost pressure easily. The only problem I can think of is timing. I
don't know enough about Ford EEC-IV to know whether it has a knock sensor
or whether it even has electronic timing. But, either way you will probably
need to retard the timing somewhat or knocking will ocurr. Even with a
sensor your just letting the knock control "save your butt."

> Please help me
>
> Jan Edwards

Steve Meade
smeade at deltanet.com