vacuum with blower

orin at WOLFENET.com orin at WOLFENET.com
Tue May 6 01:33:00 GMT 1997

> someone please tell me how a turbo/super-charged system
> gets vacuum for the vac-assisted brakes and other vac-
> operated accessories ?  Is the vacuum that is produced
> during idle and decel stored and used?  My knowledge
> of SC and TC systems is limited.

You don't usually want brakes when on boost - there is usually plenty of
vacuum when you want to brake!

For accessories, my Audi 5000 has a vacuum resevoir and a check valve...
which doesn't appear to be working since all my climate control servos
change their settings when the car is on boost, then go back when there
is some vacuum... (BTW this car uses a hydraulic system for braking,
but so did the non turbo 5000s).

Orin.