2 stroke Water injection

John Bertram bertram at teleport.com
Tue May 6 04:17:08 GMT 1997

>I would tend to agree actually, as long as the water pressure, injected or
>otherwise is higher than the turbo boost or intake manifold pressure, you
>are in good shape.  CO2 cartridges from a BB Gun are way too small, and
>basically be worthless. Even the 20oz tanks, probably are not enough.  I'm
>not basing this on any measurements or math, just what appears to be
>unsuitable.  I still think a medium sized water based fire extinguisher
>with water/air compressed to about 200psi as a top end, would be more than
>suitable.  Since whichever engine I go will be turbo charged at some point,
>I will let you all know how I make out.  Detonation is a bad thing :)

How about a nitrogen cylinder mounted in the trunk?  I know this posses
some plumbing problems, however a nitrogen cylinder with a regulator set at
around 100psi and a nitrous oxide injection nozzle and solenoid would be a
simple yet effective setup.  The nitrogen cylinder would be easily
recharged at a welding supply shop and since it is an inert gas, should
pose no fire hazard.

Does anyone think this is crazy?

The one problem I do see is how to meter the water.

John Bertram, Technician
Garry Small Saab
Volvo Turbo APC project (www.teleport.com/~bertram)
'87 Volvo 740 Turbo Sedan