vacuum with blower

John Bertram bertram at teleport.com
Tue May 6 04:25:46 GMT 1997

>> someone please tell me how a turbo/super-charged system
>> gets vacuum for the vac-assisted brakes and other vac-
>> operated accessories ?  Is the vacuum that is produced
>> during idle and decel stored and used?  My knowledge
>> of SC and TC systems is limited.

There is a check valve in the brake booster to prevent pressure from
entering the booster on many cars.  Under boost you loose all effects of
the brake booster as there is no vacuum to draw from.  Unless you drive
with your foot on the brake at full boost, you are not likely to ever
experience this.  As soon as you let off the gas pedal, you have instant
vacuum to power your brake booster.

I hope this answers your question.

John Bertram, Technician
Garry Small Saab