2 stroke Water injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Tue May 6 12:08:52 GMT 1997

Hey John,

Yes, that's a possibility, however remember that both CO2 and Nitrogen
expand greatly when released from a pressurized container, so compressing
the water in a fire extinguisher will give you more water over time per
recharge of compressed gas.  Plus, filling the tank with water is the same
either way, but you can pressurize the air tank with an air hose, or
modified air compressor, directly attached to the fire extinguisher, or
other suitable tank.

Regulation of the water probably would be the same method as fuel
 injection... assumptions.  The EFI assumes the injectors are firing, and
your EFI system could be directly used to inject water, with much smaller
injectors (NOS injectors?  I know we are still publically tossing that idea
around).

If you have a port for each injector, you could attach a simple trigger
circuit to the existing injector to drive and fire off your water injector,
and in the case of throttle body, you'd have to do this once with the main
injector.  You'd have to research and experiment with injector sizes.

Using a Nitrogen cyl or a CO2 (20oz) tank will work just fine for a little
while, but using "regular air" in the same pressurized tank I think would
work better, and is less of a headache to plumb and install.

Fred