Fuel pump for Ford 3.0L with engine swap

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu May 8 23:27:47 GMT 1997

Howdy Gale,

Just curious as to why the fuel pump that came with the donor vehicle is
not suitable for you?  True, it goes in the tank, and maybe that's your
limitation, however its a good setup.  Maybe its adaptable, as the top of
the pump has the normal gasline fitting, and the bottom probably could be
retrofitted.

Its perfectly AOK to go a little over the 39psi, since the engine is fuel
injected, and the fuel pressure regulator will return the excess fuel back
to the tank through the return line.  Of course, you don't want to double
the pressure going in, however a little is AOK.

Sounds like your local shop has a suitable part, however you can also use
Summit's PAX-8001688 which offers 90gph at 45psi.  The Ford fuel pressure
regulator will end up throwing a lot of fuel back to the tank, but it will
work just fine.  Hopefully your local shop has a better price on the more
suitable offering than Summit's $279.99 a pop.

Fred