700R4 aka 4L60

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Fri May 9 05:08:24 GMT 1997

Hi George, the solution to the problem of shift points when
transplanting is to make the lever arm 1.174 to .950 inches from the
throttle shaft to the location where the TV cable attaches. Straight
down from the throttle shaft and .25 to .5 inches towards the rear of
the car. You need to cut the bracket that attaches to the throttle shaft
in order to bend it shorter or longer. Shorter for higher torque
applications. I installed a 91 Corvette SRTA in my 74 XJ12L with a 406
small block. I used the shorter spec for the lever arm for the TV
adjustment. Use standard GM procedure for TV cable adjustment.

          X Throttle shaft
          +
          +   Lever arm
          +
          +
          +
          ++++X   TV Cable attachment point

If I can help further let me know.   Mark.