700R4

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Fri May 9 06:27:38 GMT 1997

Hi George.

I posted the schematic. I will get the com software together.

Still don't have much time to play. A couple of weeks till we do
final exams.

As for 700R4 I usually adjust em for GM service manual spec which it
appears you have done.

Ps does anybody here ever rebuild one. Something that I will have
to accomplish this summer. We got three old timers that will
need rebuilding soon and for the cost I might as well buy tools and
rebuild em myself

TNX:peter

>>> Hi Pete, please send me a copy of the software and diagram.
>>> BTW, I put the 700R4 in the '58 last weekend. A definite improvement, but
>>> not quite what I had dreamed about. That is one massive tranny. Much fatter
>>> than the HT-350, and just as long. It seems that the TCC locks up
>>> immediately after the 4th gear is made. I kinda expected that 5th gear type
>>> shift that I've felt on the tbi trucks. 1st - 2nd shift is a muther! Any
>>> hints on adjusting the TV cable? I opened the throttle wide open and pulled
>>> the TV cable tight (to its stop). It seems that if this is mis- adjusted,
>>> the tranny will slip on the shifts.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> GMD