FW: Schematic and technical info on MSD6A ignition

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri May 9 22:56:08 GMT 1997

> >        I've gotten zapped by motorcycle ignitions, 110V ac etc. but I
> > believe that 12V dc is more dangerous due to the high currents
> > involved. The first thing I learnt in basic electricity is that 500mA
> > of current can kill you and car circuits certainly draw lots!

Not exactly true sir... for many people have been zapped by lighting
(million volts), I've been zapped by 35kv volts, 120 volts AC, 440 volts
AC, and obviously, I'm here.  What kills you in the current that passes
through your body, and where it passes.  You can apply 440V at 5A to your
wrist and elbow, and walk away.  Of course your arm will be charred, but
your probability of surviving is very high, since the current doesn't pass
through your heart.  This is one of the first things electricians and TV
repairmen learn - work with rubber gloves or put one hand in your pocket.

And measuring the resistance with my ohmmeter, my body thumb to thumb
exibits a static resistance of 71.5K.  Less for a hot sweaty day, more for
a relaxed, serine day :)

Fred