VW Rabbit pump questions

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
Sat May 10 06:17:22 GMT 1997

Have a few questions scattered in my previous posts, so I thought I'd
collect them here:

  1. How do you get air out of a VW rabbit pump (looks like a stainless
steel can...don't know the year)?  Any particular mounting orientation?
Its either a Rabbit pump or apump made for a mechanical injection
system.   I don't know the origin.  Just has Bosch written on it, and
doesn't let the pressure drop in the fuel rail when the injectors fire,
so I assumed it would work.

  2. I have a draincock on my fuel rail so I can relieve the pressure.
Once I bleed it for a little bit, then close it, the pressure goes back
up (not to 40, but usually to 30+PSI).  Is this normal? (VW pump,
Pressure filter, toyota feed-through regulator)

  3. The pump is NOISY.  Is this just because there is air in the
system?  (I can always see a stram of bubbles coming through the return
line... From where I don't know!)

TIA,
TTLFMS (trying to learn from my stupidity)

                Thor Johnson
          johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
     http://falcon.cs.mercer.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?