Rebuilding 700R4 transmissions

Daniel Burk ws6transam at voyager.net
Sun May 11 02:03:50 GMT 1997

George:

	I just had a 700R4 rebuilt for my '84 Trans Am:  It's a
1988 body with updates to '90, and my mechanical speedo gear.  The shop
swapped out my '84 because GM updated them extensively in 1987.  The
place claims that a properly built modern 700R4 or 4L60E transmission
will have the strength and relibility of a TH400. Just witness the new
Z28's and Firebirds with the LT-1.  People are supercharging these cars
to 375 to 425 Horsepower, and their transmissions seem to be holding.

I got 125,000 miles from my stock '84 before I spread out the sun shell
in a certain 6500 RPM run up the entrance ramp.

Dan