My mine and so on...

Trevor Boicey tboicey at brit.ca
Sun May 11 02:19:09 GMT 1997

Regarding EFI for Midget 1500...

eric schumacher wrote:
> The simplest thing is to just remove a system from a similar configuration
> engine eg watercooled 1.6 liter, and bolt it on.  I have done this on
> several engines.  My personal preference is for the Bosch CIS system as it
> is very tolerant and easy to understand.  Not to mention common at PYP on
> VWs and Opels.

  Not going to find an Opel around here, but lots of VW Golfs and
Rabbits. I am guessing a 1.6 Rabbit would be the likely
junkyard source?

  What manual would suffice to show me what I need to remove
in the yard, and what I need to know to install and tune it? I
am poring through the required reading on the diy site. The
Bosch pamphlets sound like must reads, along with a
general tome or two such as the Jeff Hartmann book.

> Your only problems would be mechanical, injectors in the
> manifold and mounting the flowsensor and pumps.

  I am, at this stage, considering a single injector. This
is more in the interest of completing the project the
first time, than in performance. I suppose it depends on
the philosophy, one is a better way to run a car, the
other is a better way to build a carb.

  The intake manifold in my car looks like it could be
easily threaded and tapped, but I am wishing to try
this as inobtrusively as possible. Removing the carb
and attaching a throttle body meets those goals.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /