buick 350

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sun May 11 16:15:12 GMT 1997

Hey George!

> I disagree Fred. The OEM system is superior to the aftermarket units when
> used for stock daily driven engine.

Different views for different people my friend... I agree for a stock daily
driver, there is no substitute.  My original message had that disclaimer in
it I believe... if not I'd be suprised since I'm Mr. Clarifier here <G>.

> '88 up truck or car (GM) Check the archives for complete details! Salvage
> yard cost for all these goodies should be less than $350. Use your

I'm lazy, I'd get take the whole car and steal yet another wiring harness.
 In fact, there is a 1988 Buick 8cy station wagon sitting in my townhouse
parking lot with 4 flat tires, and enough boxes it in to start a shipping
company.  I left a note on the window "I want your car".

Why?  After I saw your post that you think the Buick 350 is a Chevy 350,
I'm hoping that whatever is inside this car is from the same school of
thought.  If not, that's okay, 8 cyl is 8 cyl :)  Jsut an idea, and its
only a note, so I'm not committed.  Gotta love Bridgeport.

> and it's tested on several million GM cars and trucks. You simply cannot
> beat it for a stock vehicle.

No argument here.  None whatsoever.

> If you like fancy logos and neon colored heat sinks, send me $900.00 (or
> more) plus a GM ECM and I will make it a GMD signature series, blue-
> printed,
> extremely heavy duty, high-performance, Electronic Controll Module
> guarenteed to meet or EXCEED GM's standard ECMs ;}

Well, not into the signature series idea, however how about twin turbos?
<smile>

Last clarifier -

I suggested to that gent about the Holley Projection System simply because
I didn't have the knowledge base to say if his older Buick 350 was Chevy
350 compatible, and if the parts would go over without any effort.  There
are some advantages of taking a carb off and shoving on a new carb with a
few extra wires and a black box - its a easy, effortless job.  Charge it to
your Amex, bolt it on.  After seeing some of the folks on this list admire
the Holley unit as well as the limited experience I've had with it, its a
neat upgrade, and that was the basis of my suggestion.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Email: frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com & FJB203 at aol.com