electrical superchargers/blowers

vmike at master.ceat.okstate.edu vmike at master.ceat.okstate.edu
Tue May 13 16:36:47 GMT 1997

  Greetings,

 I just thought I'd share a little personel expeience about blowers.
 I don't think an electric clutch on a blower will work as in
 mad max, (also in lone wolf mcquaid).  I ran a couple of blowers
 in the mid seventies, a 6-71 on a big-block chevy (A-fuel) and a
 4-71 running 20% under on a small-block olds, on gas on the street.
 The rotor to housing tolerence on both was .005 ins.  As I recall
 when the belt let go on the olds, one time after it "sneezed" at
 an intersection, there was no way to get enough power to drive it
 back to the house.  It did run, but just barley.
 It makes for a nice fantasy though. :)
 mike