Lambda value/ AFR correlation

Brad Sheridan sheridan at vanceandhines.com
Tue May 13 16:45:30 GMT 1997

>Frank F Parker wrote:
>> The real curve is a square shaped S curve with most of the voltage
>> change (eg:0.2-0.7) occuring in the region of about 0.5 on either side
>> of Lambda of 1.0 (14.7 a/f)
>>
>> The NGK is quite good but expensive from Horriba.
>
>  How expensive is expensive? Where is a source? What are the
>characteristics of the NGK? (blasting questions at you)

  I don't have any idea what we paid for this particular NGK sensor, but
the pricing I've heard is around $800-$900 US when I've looked into it
before. Thats not including the various electronics needed to run the
thing. Its not a replacement for a standard O2 sensor, the output signal
isn't compatible. Its pretty much used just for logging AFR AFAIK. The
output voltage vs lambda is still a curve, but its very usable, and can
measure rich or lean.

Brad