re.buick350

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Tue May 13 22:48:40 GMT 1997

First off, I reposted "Re: Switching from carb to FI on a Ford (fwd)" This
outlines the steps to put an OEM TBI on a non GM vehicle.

Check the GM dealership for a 2 x 4 (spread bore) adapter, I've been told
that it was used on the 455 or 454 truck from 1988-whatever.

The seven term hei will not bolt right in. The cheapest route is to mount
the module on the fire wall and run the pick up coil/ignition coil leads to
the module. The easiest way is to buy a 350 buick dist that already has a 7
term module in it. The electronic feedback carb systems had these. You can
stuff a seven term module in a place of a 4 term but it will be lots of
work, drilling, taping, cutting.

The reason I recommend the '88 truck is because it has a very common ecm
(#1227747) This equates to easy to find and replace if necessary. This
system is also the most simple, no vats, no MATs, and a single relay. Others
are available but they are slightly more complicated. Search the archives on
1227747, I think there are more posting out there. I'm sure I've wrote this
before or I'm just crazy.

If you need additional answers, please ask.

been there, done that
GMD

At 08:15 PM 5/9/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Scott wrote:
>> George,
>> thank you very much, i also agree that oem is the way to go. i have seen
>> tbi units with a 2 x 4 (spread bore) adapter with factory # unknown its
>> original app. im curious will the 7 plug module "bolt right in"? and is
>> there a specific reason you recomend '88 up? lastly looking through
>> archives i was not able to find any details covering a retro of a
>> similar nature. am i using the wrong search words? thanx again.

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com