Electrical Supercharger

Corey L. Cole corey.l.cole at boeing.com
Tue May 13 23:12:09 GMT 1997

Stephen Dubovsky wrote:

> At 08:56 AM 5/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Mind expansion stuff - thought required follows.  Check out
> >Offys Dual Port 360 deg Manifolds.   Bottom level is heated,
> >small size, high velocity, low end economy sort of thing,
> >top level is open single plane manifold that flows well.  They
> >both meet and "join" at the port. Every speed catalog has
> >them - look so what foollows makes sense.

> Don't the Ferrari's have 2 intake manifolds w/ throttle bodies on each?
> One is used at lower RPM to keep port speed up and then when the engine
> can't breathe through it at higher RPM, the second one starts to open.  It
> seems like they are able to 'tune' the manifold for RPM (at least at 2
> points anyway).

I don't know about Ferrari (wouldn't doubt it), but I know that Ford does
this with the Windstar and base F-150 V-6.  Split Port induction, they
call it, and it's got a monster torque increase compared to the previous
generation of engines...
Corey L. Cole                     | Overheard at a party...
 M/S 19-HH                        | Peter Grant: Hello, Mr. Dylan, I'm Peter
 E-mail: corey.l.cole at boeing.com  |  Grant, manager of Led Zepplin.
 Phone: 206-662-3596              | Bob Dylan: Hey, I don't come to you with