optical air vane modification

FreshMar at aol.com FreshMar at aol.com
Wed May 14 05:11:40 GMT 1997

Hello.
I have a Bosch vane- type air flow sensor that's got a bad resistor pad.
I am thinking of changing this position- metering system to an optical
with varied- opaqueness moving disc. So instead of the air vane moving an
arm across the resistor pad , a physically wearing part(and a damn noisy
input) , it will rotate a round disc with either a dot-system or a grey-
scale variable opaqueness in between an emitter and sensor pair. My
questions include : will this type of system afford enough range and
resolution for this application, has anyone tried this, and am I out of
my mind?
 ...Thousands of questions...
Mario T.