exhaust wrapp

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Wed May 14 16:02:38 GMT 1997

> thanks- I was looking into that stuff from JC, but I was concerned with
> rust and the possibility of the fiberglass catching and holding any stray
> oil, and in effect acting like a wick. The exhaust pipes are under the
> cylinders and run horizontally. My engines do not leak oil,but the
> possibility exists for a very hazzardous condition. I wouldn't like to
> make a modifiacation that could do that. I thought of wrapping the wrap,
> which my do the trick. Perhaps s.steel foil tape...

You're welcome, I've generally wrapped anything that makes a lot of heat,
in order to keep the engine compartment cool, so the engine doesn't have to
work so hard.  Heat is bad for the engine as we all know, and if your are
idling for a while, such as in traffic, or at a starting line <G>, the heat
comes out from underneath the floorboards and cooks the driver sunny side
up.  I wouldn't recommend the tape from JC, I've used its before and its
::okay::, but I've seen much better "stuff" at hi-perf shops here and
there.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm