ignition modules

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Wed May 14 23:56:02 GMT 1997

Hey Ed, long time no see! I wrote this a year ago and thought
you had just deleted it. The GM module is very reliable and cheap. It will
operate on a wide varity of pick up coils (including Fords). If this
module was any smaller, it would be offered in a DIP. I've seen dist. caps melt
in a fire and the module is still good. I had plans of up-grading a 4 cyl
Mercury outboard engine with four HEIs.

Nice to hear from you again.

GMD

>At 12:01 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>George M. Dailey wrote:
>>
>>> Question Ed, Why is the early Ford ignition module so big when
>>> compared to the GM HEI IC?
>>
>>I don't know. I've seen lots of things we do that are bulkier than the
>>competition's stuff(ie, GM). I also don't know how how reliable GM's IC
>>is.
>>

>>Ed Hernandez
>>Ford Motor Company
>>ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com