exhaust t sensor

Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Sat May 17 04:21:53 GMT 1997

The EGT sensor on a two stroke engine in an ultralight or homebuilt
aircraft is installed by drilling a hole in the exhaust manifold a
specified distance (Rotax says 2.25") from the port. Then a "bayonet"
style sensor is extended through the hole into the exhaust stream, and
secured in place with a hose clamp. The sensor generates about 3
milliAmps at full meter deflection (corresponds to 1600 F)