Alchol/m85 with a twang.

talltom "talltom(SPAMBLOCKER)" at ipns.com
Sun May 18 13:45:46 GMT 1997

"Robert Harris" <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com> writes

>Friend of mine has one of these little remote control helicopters
>Showed me his "Fuel" .  16 % Synthetic Castor Oil, 69 %
>Methanol Alcohol, 15 % Nitromethane.  Sort of sounds like
>M85 with a twang. Was sort of expensive - about $14 a gallon
>until you figure that Nitro runs 50+ a gallon and ain't too
>readily available and this stuff is available at any model airplane
>shop, in various mixtures and proofs.

And I have a nutball that hangs out at the local coffeeshop that ran
some of this in his cadillac, and ranted and raved how great it was
and insisted on pouring some of this stuff in my old mercedes.
Now you have to realize that this particular guy is one that when
it comes to measure units, losses it EVERY time. It doesn't matter
if it's c's, cu. in's, acre feet, board feet, or atmospheres's, he'll
blow it.
  Needles to say, I was more than a little leery, and didn't let him put
much in. It did seem to make a difference though. It was raining and
I couldn't hookup enough to know much at low speed but 2-3 shifts
at about 90 seemed to pack more punch.

>Now, since Nitro and Alcohol both have high latent heats of
>evaporation - i.e. makes air fuel real cool, and this blend probably
>has reasonable octane, what do you suppose would happen if
>a reasonable amount was separately injected as boost went positive?

Well the problem Max had with the caddy was preignition, and that's why
he liked it so, cause it was eliminated. Mine doesn't preignite, and
didn't running this stuff either. Caddys like Max's tend to run warm,
and I suspect the elimination of preignition was largely due to this
cooling effect.

>You think it might be an inexpensive way to get things real exciting?

Not in a Mercedes!:-)(read $$$$$)