Richard Cartiledge richard.cartledge at jigsawsystems.co.uk
Mon May 19 15:40:06 GMT 1997

Seth Allen wrote:
>=20
> On Sun, 18 May 1997, Robert Harris wrote:
>=20
> > Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 00:46:12 -0700
> > From: Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>
> > To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> > Subject: Alcohol/M85 with a twang.
> >
> > Friend of mine has one of these little remote control helicopters
> > Showed me his "Fuel" .  16 % Synthetic Castor Oil, 69 %
> > Methanol Alcohol, 15 % Nitromethane.  Sort of sounds like
> > M85 with a twang. Was sort of expensive - about $14 a gallon
> > until you figure that Nitro runs 50+ a gallon and ain't too
> > readily available and this stuff is available at any model airplane
> > shop, in various mixtures and proofs.

> -Seth Allen
If you look at thelink to the  Gasoline FAQ on my web page at

you will find many pages of excellant info. about fuel.
I wouldn't uae a glowfuel with castor, as it leaves brown gum. Use the ED=
L synthetic version.

Richard
--=20
There is enough calorific energy stored in one all-butter
French croissante to power an 24v E36 BMW 320i for six
seconds delivering it's full150bhp!         Yum!  Yum!  Yum!
     (oo=3D00=3Doo)                              \     \           /
 Richard Cartledge                       Apple Powerbook 5300c
 fac51 at innotts.co.uk    http://www.innotts.co.uk/~fac51