Need to test injectors

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Tue May 20 02:33:13 GMT 1997

Gentlemen, I think you are refering to TRICHLOROETHANE. A known carcnocinign
and greenhouse effect promoting chemical. I worked in a plant that used the
stuff by the train load. I've talked to factory workers that used to stick
their arms shoulder deep in vats of this stuff to retrieve tools and what
nots. It's an excellent degreaser or better yet, the "perfect degreaser".
This stuff will instantly stall a raging bumble bee, the big black & yellow
fellows with dual stingers. As with freon 12, it did it's job too well to be
kept leagal.
It's non flamable.

gmd

At 11:32 AM 5/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

>One of the projects some of the guys in my group at work took on many
>years ago was a test stand for fuel components for USAF fighter
>aircraft.  I didn't participate. The test fluid was called Starter or
>Starderd fluid.  It is the same stuff used by dry cleaners.  It was
>close enough to give accurate testing results and was much less
>explosive.  It can be made to burn.  I'm not sure if the EPA has messed
>with that stuff or not.  I also don't have a clue how to get it.  I
>remember an article in "Hot Rod" or Car Craft" about someone rebuilding
>and testing injectors and vaguely remember they used the cleaning fluid
>also.

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com