hall effect Junkyard link

eric schumacher e.schumacher at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Wed May 21 05:30:27 GMT 1997

Hi Seth
The hall output is just an open collector digital output (highs and lows
depending on position) a low will be ground a high will be the supply
voltage, typically about 6 0r 7 volts. If you don't have it connected to an
ECU supply it with 6 vdc and a 1K pullup and you are off and running.

At 03:16 AM 5/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I am wondering if anyone out ther has put a 'scope on  the output from a
>VW hall effect sender (in the distributor) and if so, could you inform me
>waht to expect?  I am trying to get a distributor to test, but it would
Lotsa Luck Eric
85 GTI with VR6 power