Cheap Horsepower-Ram air

Jerry Wills jwills at ISI.EDU
Wed May 21 20:49:25 GMT 1997

Trevor> Kurt Bilinski wrote:
>> Engine energy - belt losses - alternator losses - charging losses -
>> battery losses - wire losses - thermo-electric cooler losses =
>> negative net gain.
>>
>> Go figure all of these and you will find no matter how great these
>> coolers are, more energy is lost powering them then you could ever
>> get by their benefit.

Trevor>   Well, over the long haul, yes. But the battery allows you to
Trevor> get theoretical benefit when you want it, and pay for it when
Trevor> you don't care.

think about your air conditioner core as an intercooler, its been done.
You may not be more efficient, but greater density ,and less knock are
really nice. Then turn up the boost :^)

			Jerry Wills
I'll have enough POWER when I can spin the tires at the end of the straight!
89 FJ DERSLYR,           DoD#500 KotF(Flag)       Mark Donahue, about 917's
USC/Information Sciences Institute  (USC/ISI)  SoCal (310) 822-1511 x 236
90's cowboys, ride iron horses, and punch Deer!!!
You done violated Physics, BOY!    Assume the position..... (Rider 5/92)