Whipple (AutoRotor) Compressor

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed May 21 20:43:55 GMT 1997

> Very interesting.  I am also planning to add a Whipple supercharger
> to my TEC-II contorlled engine.  Unfortunately its the opposite of
> the 454.  It'a a high-reving 2.2 liter Lotus "907" engine.  I
> havesettled on the Whipple becuase it is the most efficient, it is
> quiet, and it doesn't heat up the air when it compresses it (or so I
> am lead to believe).  I would be really interested in a what the
> list thinks about it and its use with the TEC-II (Electromotive
> sentiments aside), ans on the high-reving 2.2 liter 4 cylinder.
> (mulit-port set up with individual runners and currently, 4
> individual throttle plates.)

Hey guys, let me tell you about a list that these questions might be
more appropriate on.  It's the hotrod list, moderated by Frank
Perdicaro (sp?) at dsea.com.  It deals with all aspects of
hotrodding, and won't add much load to your mailbox.  Traffic is
12-15 messages/day.  Super and turbo questions are likely to get much
better answers there than here.  I've been on the list for a couple
years now and highly recommend it.  I do not know the subscription
address, but I know Frank is/was on this list.  Can someone come up
with the address?

--steve