50#ers, fueler project

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Thu May 22 19:37:30 GMT 1997

  <<<
  But, you think the 50# inj will be big enough?
  Remember, you'll have to run richer under boost.

  Eight 50# inj will support about 800hp (400#/hr of fuel flow); this oughta be
  enough, right? You might consider the 43# 009 injectors that are popular with
  the turbo Buicks; they're cheaper than the 50# and would support you to nearly
  700hp.

  <<<
  NOS nitrous system). Fuel flow rates will be varied by changing fuel line
  pressure. What I need is a controller capable of recieving MAP sensor
  input, engine rpm data, and EGO sensor data (and potentially throttle
  position). Then turn around and vary fuel line pressure via a regulator
  (boost will be separately regulated). Ideally I should be able to plug in a

  Neat project! A few things here: The obvious question is why not pulse the
  injectors to vary the fuel instead of varying a fuel pressure regulator (big,
  mechanical motion device of some sort- easier to pulse the injectors I would
  think) Also, you left out an important detail for the output, as in what sort
  of output is required? A stepper motor control, or a PWM output, or??? How is
  the fuel pressure being controlled is the fundamental question I guess.

  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com