Whipple (AutoRotor) Compressor

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu May 22 20:27:47 GMT 1997

Depending on your manifold, this is not uncommon.  The longer the intake
runners, the more torque (generally) you can realize at lower RPMs, however
at higher RPMs, the runners need to be shorter.

Depending on how much fabrication you want to get involved in, something to
consider is the method Ford uses in their late model SHO taurus (I think
its Ford, and not an aftermarket manifold, have to check), but they have
"gates" on each intake runner ::pair::, one long, one short, and the gates
move between the two runner lengths depending on the RPM range.

I saw it in "Turbo and High Tech Performance".  I will look for that
specific issue again, and give you a clue so you can read up on it.  I
personally thought it was a neat idea and a good solution... though
definately out of my fabrication abilities :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Email: frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com & FJB203 at aol.com