Direct Injection

Seth Allen n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Sat May 24 04:50:17 GMT 1997

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Loic Trocme wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:23:31 +0200
> From: Loic Trocme <Loic.Trocme at nanterre.marelli.fr>
> To: DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Direct Injection
>
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm new here and very interested in your discussions.
> I'm French, but I hope everybody will understan me.
>
> Somebody know something about driver of direct injection?
> Thanks.
>
> Loic

If you are speaking of diesel direct  injection, then PACCAR in
Washington State, USA knows a bit.  The solenoids for injection at top
dead center on a big diesel use something like 200v.  I don't remember
the exact figure.  I imagine they have a website, but I haven't looked.
PACCAR is the research and development for Peterbuilt/Kenworth heavy
trucks, as well as some Foden and DAF trucks.  Where I go to school, we
have direct injected rotary engines with normal solenoid efi injectors,
but the injection is not at TDC.  I think we used the 2nd spark plug hole
for the injector.  And the injectors held against combustion pressure.
That's what I was told, it was built before I got here.  We might be
working on a two stage expansion and compression rotary diesel in the
next year, but that project hasn't yet solidified.

Hope this helps a bit,

Seth