EFI Mapping Questions

Martin Ruddick RUDDICK at clear.co.nz
Sat May 24 18:20:11 GMT 1997

First ever post but I've been on the list for about a year or
so......hope it works.

The Subaru Legacy/Liberty/WRX ECU Eproms changed after about 91/92, the
early ones are just a 27C256. but the later ones use a Fujitsu special,
a 27C1028 which appears to be unavailable now. The difference is not
just memory size, the 27C1028 is a 1M chip (65k * 16) with multiplexed
address and data line on the chip so that it is still in a 28 pin
package. The aftermarket chip co.'s have developed plug in boards which
emulate this with a couple of 27C256 or 512's and latches to get the
logic right. I haven't figured out the processor they use now, but it is
16 bit and has 84 pins, with another 84 pin chip which I would guess is
a DSP.

Martin
ruddick at clear.co.nz