Air-Flow meter interchangability

FreshMar at aol.com FreshMar at aol.com
Sat May 24 20:40:21 GMT 1997

     This sounds like the Bocsh system also used on the older VW engines.
I have found that these air flow meters are not exchangable in most
cases. The Bentley manual I got for the VW has a list of the air flow
sensor part #'s, and their matching computer part #'s, so if the numbers
match, they can be interchanged. I don't think Bentley Publishing offers
any Fiat books, If they do, please let me know, as I also have an X1/9
and no really good book.
     The resistance is supposed to be linear, and those resistor pads
wear about where you say, Where the arm spends most of its time. I have
in the past gotten a bit more life out of one by shortening the arm,
making the arm touch the resistance pad in a different place of the same
resistance. This is generally wasn't worth it in my situation. The pad
seemed to be equally bad in these spots. But take it apart- you may be
lucky enough that it could work.
     Please write me as I am interested in Fiat Spiders too.

Mario T.
mailto:Freshmar at aol.com-----'76 VW Camper FI A/T,,'79 Fiat X1/9