V-8 Int. man. design

Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman prusch at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 27 05:45:41 GMT 1997

I am new to the list and am currently designing my own EFi Intake
manifold for my Chev 350 powered Datsun Z car. I plan on using the
L-jetronic.
	My question.
	My plan is to make a manifold that utilizes two plenums, one per
bank of cylinders. Knowing that the V-8 fires as if it were 4 V-twins
stacked instead of two banks of four cylinder engines does this effect
the intake air flow to the individual cylinders? Do I need to design the
intake like a dual plane 180 degree carb manifold that plenums the two
outer cylinders of one bank with the inner two cylinders of the other
bank?
	I feel that this being injected that it shouldn't make much
difference fuel wise, but would one cylinder rob the available air the
next cylinder is supposed to recieve?

		Thank You,
	Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman
	http://www.datsuns.com/paul.htm