Buick 3.8L V6

Corey L. Cole corey.l.cole at boeing.com
Wed May 28 16:39:43 GMT 1997

Roland wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get specific information about this
> engine. Specifically, casting numbers for each year. Also, has anyone
> attempted to convert an older carburated 3.8 to FI (non-turbo).
>
> RTS

Howdy,

If you're looking for specific information about the Buick 3.8 motor, look
no further than the turbo regal home page:

http://www.gnttype.org/gnttype/www/

As far as converting an older carb's 3.8, well, that's pretty sticky.  The
firing order changed at some point from an odd fire to an even fire, so
you need the correct distributor, camshaft, etc (because the ECMs are only
set up for even fire).

If you're gonna go to FI, why not add in a turbo crank and use the GN turbo
system?

Later,
Corey L. Cole                     | Overheard at a party...
 M/S 19-HH                        | Peter Grant: Hello, Mr. Dylan, I'm Peter
 E-mail: corey.l.cole at boeing.com  |  Grant, manager of Led Zepplin.
 Phone: 206-662-3596              | Bob Dylan: Hey, I don't come to you with