Air filter box fabrication

Greg Woods gwoods at symtx.com
Wed May 28 20:18:49 GMT 1997

For all who gave suggestions on my electric external fuel
pump questions last week, thanks mucho!

Next problem.  I'm transfering a GM TBI over to my 86 cherokee 2.8L
engine.  I've got all the parts except the air cleaner box.  I'm
trying to fabricate my own and need help.

The top of the throttle body has a 5 1/2" opening.  I'm thinking
of using one of those plastic pipes that bolt onto the throttle body
and then curve over to a filter box located on the side of the engine
bay.  Instead of taking it to a filter box though, I'd like to attach
a K&N conical filter to the end and then plumb in the pollution controls.

Anybody have any Idea where I can get that plastic piece that runs
from the throttle body to the air filter box and if its available
in a 5.5" opening??
TIA

Greg Woods
gwoods at symtx.com