Buick 3.8L V6

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri May 30 01:55:17 GMT 1997

Howdy,

> small block Chevy.  Generally, Buicks don't have much of a performance
> image or following.

I'm glad I read the bottom part of your message Bob, I was about to say
"Ever year of a Grand National or a GNX?" <smile>

> of this list actually have some of these monsters, and the rest of us
> (ok, maybe just me) are green with envy.

Very green.  My particular mid-engine sports car will be utilizing the FWD
version of this engine, with a Turbo hoping to achieve at least some of the
legendary GN/GNX performance.  Since my vehicle target weight is less than
the GNX 3800 lbs, this might be an acceptable trade off against horsepower
for a very streetable, yet enjoyable performance combination.  If that
doesn't work, I'll be the first on line at the auto store to buy a 350 :)

> I've heard of people easily getting 330 - 350 hp from these engines,
> and I believe the '87 GNX came from the factory with 300 hp.

I believe your statistics are accurate Bob :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Email: frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com & FJB203 at aol.com