CCC/cam ???

Chief afn14222 at afn.org
Fri May 30 15:35:46 GMT 1997

I want to install a hotter cam on my 84 Monte SS CCC Q-jet.  My car has a
MAP, knock, and O2 sensors.

What is the limiting factor on cams working well with the computer.  Is it
vacuum?  How much lift, duration, etc. can I run without causing problems?
I have read in some mag about using a vacuum pump to keep vacuum up to run
power brakes, etc.  Would this help out a cam that is a little too big?

Unfortunately my car isn't fuel injected, so I have to work within the
constraints of the computer.  I have an aftermarket chip to install also if
that would help with a hotter cam.

I appreciate the wide range of topics discussed on this list and am glad to
be a member.  Thanks to all who host the list and web page!

Ed Hilker aka "Chief"
84'SS - 700R4