GN "bashing"

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Fri May 30 16:26:37 GMT 1997

  <<<
  Saw a 1986 (I think) GN for sale, with about 20k on it for $22k.  Seen prices
  anywhere from $19k to about 45K depending how little mileage, whether its a GN
  or a GNX, etc.    >>>

  Prices for low mileage GN's are rising as one would expect from this historic
  car, despite what some of the V8 crowd thinks. Ultimately this car will bring
  a very high price. Plus they were not stamped out by the millions like some
  cars. Some GN owners are already beginning to receive notices from collectors
  who wish to buy 'em all up.

  <<<
   While its a great car, and I've always enjoyed seeing them, its way too much
  money for what ya get.  After all, one could paint a used Buick Regal black
  and buy the neat emblems, and supercharge a Chevy 350 and keep up real well :)
  Its the old "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, hell, must be a duck

  Hey, mid 10's with a street 3.8L V6, untouched factory block and bottom end,
  ported factory iron heads, mild hyd cam, larger turbo and torque converter,
  larger intercooler is pretty hard to beat for the money in a 3500 lb car with
  AC, etc, and makes for a pretty stout "duck" if you ask me. This street car
  went 10.20's in Bowling Green last month. Not too much to be ashamed of there.
  But seeing is believing; why don't you drive that air conditioned,
  supercharged 350 street car on over? I know a few turbo Regal "ducks" who'd be
  more than happy to quack for ya' Fred :-)

  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com