O2 sensor fooler

D. T. Kelly kellyt at minot.com
Fri May 30 23:11:29 GMT 1997

Ross,
     That's a good question, and I can't argue with you either way. Perhaps
you can tell me. When I have a scan tool hooked up and floor it, I still
get a reading and the status does not change to open-loop. I must admit I
was under the impression the ECM monitored the O2 reading at WOT, and my
scan tool seemed to bear that out. Am I missing the boat, here? Keep in
mind this engine is a HO Quad4 from a 1990 Beretta GTZ.
      Wouldn't it be wise to always monitor the O2 reading...especially at
WOT?

Tim

> > Seth,
> >      That sounds interesting...I could fool around (not
literally...well,