MAP Havoc

Corey & Alicia Beaverson cbeavers at utk.edu
Sat Nov 1 01:52:25 GMT 1997

Hello all, I am going to turbocharge a previously non-turbocharged
engine. I am wondering what needs to be done with the MAP sensor, it
seems to me (intuitively at least) that when boost is present that the
ECM will not know what to do...... is there a simple way around this?
Maybe a varistor of some sort between the ECM and the sensor? By the
way, this engine uses SFI,  am I missing any other areas or systems that
would need to be modified.... I am only planning on 5-7psi of boost so I
am speaking in terms of the ECM and other electronics only.
Just wanted to find out how this problem has been solved in the past.
Thanks for any help!