compression fittings 101

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sat Nov 1 03:12:01 GMT 1997

> On the high end of compression fittings, you have the Swage lock type of
> fittings. True industrial grade hardware for the supercritical power plants
> and nuclear reactors.  These things are a beauty to look at. They are usally
> polished high grade stainless steel with prices in the 20 - +$100.00 EACH range.
>
> Hope this helps you.
> GMD

I agree these are the best but I believe those prices are for certified or
mil spec fittings. I remember buying typical 3/16 to 1/8 npt fittings for
use in thermocouples in a turbo V6 header in 316ss for about $5-7 ea.
It is possible "mil spec" adds 10X to price since toilet lids are $100
in the military.

Regards,

Frank Parker