Fuel Injection for '69 Land Cruiser (slightly off topic now)

Patrick Forester 3rdgrfx at oakweb.com
Sat Nov 1 16:20:19 GMT 1997

	F type means that it is Toyota's model "F" engine, as opposed to a 2F or a
B or 1HZ or 2H... you get the idea. In looks it is very similar to the
Chevy 235, and it is rumored that some of the bottom parts are
interchangable, but almost everything else will not fit. I've heard of a
certain "special" bellhousing that would fit a 350 (or any other Chevy
small block) to a Toyota trans. (not an adaptor), but no Chevy bellhousing
that I know of will fit an F engine. Some Chevy parts are modified to fit
the F engine, but that is usually a big mistake as Toyota parts are
*usually* better engineered(sp?) for an F engine in a cruiser. I don't mean
to start a Toyota v. Chevy war or whatever on this list, I am just stating
the facts as I know them. Chevy parts are not "worse" than Toyota parts
they're just designed for Chevy engines in Chevy vehicles. Thanks for the
info on fuel injection though. I would like to know which one is a better
choice (price, ease, durability)  Jeep 4.0 HO injection or TBI from an S10.